Drinking water has tremendous health benefits, outside of the fact that staying hydrated is crucial to health and well-being. In spite of the importance of drinking water, many people fail to consume an adequate amount of daily fluids.
Science-Based Benefits of Water
There are numerous benefits to drinking plenty of water daily. Improved skin complexion and a good mood resulting from a body functioning at an optimal level are among the advantages of staying hydrated. The following are more proven health benefits of drinking water, all based on scientific evidence:
- Your brain function is significantly affected by hydration. Mild dehydration of just 1 to 3% body weight can impair brain function on many levels. An extensive study revealed that a fluid loss of 1.36% following exercise impairs concentration, mood, and frequency of headaches. Mild dehydration can also cause disruption of the memory function, anxious feelings, and fatigue.
- Drinking water has been widely proven to help prevent and treat headaches. Studies also show that dehydration triggers migraine headaches in some people.
- An individual’s physical performance can suffer due to dehydration. If a person becomes dehydrated due to drinking an insufficient amount of water, they can experience:
- Reduced motivation
- Altered body temperature control
- Increased fatigue
- Increased mental and physical difficulty when exercising
- Drinking more water can help people lose weight. In one study, some of the dieters drank a half liter of water before every meal. Those individuals lost 44% more weight over a 12-week period than those who didn’t have that directive.
- Among the many health benefits of drinking water is that it can help treat kidney stones. A higher fluid intake reduces first-time development of urinary stones, which are mineral crystals that form in the urinary system and cause a great deal of pain.
- For young and old alike, low consumption of water is a risk factor for developing constipation.
- People who routinely stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water have stronger immune systems and are less likely to develop flu, cancer, heart problems, and other physical ailments.
Great Drinking Water for the Office
Providing point-of-use water like the type from Pure Water Technology is an excellent way to encourage everyone in the office to stay hydrated. Because of their advanced water technology, the water is fresh, pure, and great-tasting. The results of hydration are improved health and mental sharpness, which can also mean greater productivity in the workplace. Contact PHSI Pure Water Technology today at 855-474-7941 for a free trial.